Friday 5 August 2011

So I've been doing some more of that sponging, inking , messy stuff.....it's still not entirely a natural thing...and  I offer you this card from a workshop a week or so ago as an antidote to Christmas Trees recently seen sprouting on my desk!
I thought that the beginnings of a Christmas card on my WOYWW post would result in my needing to be a little flame resistant, so thank you for not shooting the messenger.  Honestly, (and I'm saying nothing that I haven't threatened to say) - Shopkeeper Gal made me do it.  I am - and I think you can tell from my desk - not an organised and planned crafter.  The Christmas cards are for a workshop next week.  I will probably not actually use them to send.  It happens.  Last year (I think; maybe the year before..) I saved all the Christmas cards I'd made for workshops etc and gave them away.  And then made some fresh ones for giving. Or didn't bother, I can't remember!   That's the thing see, I like to think I'm perfectly normal and don't usually start real Christmas preparations of any sort until it's way too late to be organised and effective.  If that's not perfectly normal, please do not tell me.  Life here in Julia World is ticking along well enough without home truths.  I thank you.
Have a lovely weekend.  And thanks for asking about the shoulder.  I have shouldered on (did you see what I did there?!) with the help of my friend the Pharmacist and a short stay in Herefordshire to trample all over Jan's birthday week.  I think it's on the wane.  Ask me again when I've had to go one night without a  view of a sunset and a large glass of something.

19 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Last year I would have scoffed at Christmas in August, but this year I'm actually looking forward to starting a few Christmas related items. Just as soon as I cool the studio down and get my boxes unpacked in the basement, of course. So, like you, I am not being the most organized person for a change. I've learned well from you, my dear. But I like your dragonfly card.

BTW, that was NOT corn behind my clothes line. It is bamboo that I tried like crazy to get rid of, and can't seem to lose no matter what I try, even rototilling the ground.

Annie said...

I think I want some of what you are on...hick :-)
Glad your shoulder is getting better :-)
Hugs,
A x

misteejay said...

Lovely card Julia and if a large glass of something is working for you - keep taking as prescribed LOL

Toni xx

Anne said...

oooooo is it always "Pimm's O'Clock " at your place ?
I'm on my way !!!!
And was it the raising the glass excersise that helped the shoulder lol.
Great card and enjoyed your post, Julia
Anne xxx

Angie said...

Such a gorgeous card ...glad you are on the mend but take it easy. xx

Fuchsia said...

Was just passing through my Blog list and thought 'Oh Hello'
The card is simply stunning caught my eye straight away x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there Julia really love this card so think the sponging it working for you and so glad to hear you are shouldering on! ;D Shaz in Oz.x

Yogi said...

you say it may not be a natural thing to you, but it looks fabulous to me. Has a wonderful inner glow. Love that dragonfly.

Dragon said...

Like you, I just DON'T do Christmas till much later in the year!!! but this year I am making samples for the next Stamp Addicts TV show... so needs must for DT members!!! Anyway, I LOVE your antedote, that colour is so beautiful and I am wondering if you decorated the big guy or if the stamp comes like that??
Have a great weekend
Frankie
xx

Helen said...

I think your card is gorgeous - looks like it comes pretty natural to me! Glad your shoulder is improving.

Rachel Mims said...

love that card! Great work.

JoZart Designs said...

You are a gal after my own heart! Glass of something and all is far preferable than panicking over a certain December festival which is taking over 70% of the year.
Gently swing those can of beans as therapy for the shoulder.
jo x

Lisa Arana said...

messy stuff is fun! lookin' good.

Spyder said...

Ohooo dear, I've done a couple of Christmas cards this year..no I fib, I did them in January coz I forgot a couple of people...
and no rain..maybe a few 'spits this morning' but as I type (9.30) I can hear thunder coming this way... Love the dragonfly, I have one like that somewhere...

(((Lyn)))

Carola Bartz said...

This is a very beautiful card, I like those colors. Gorgeous!
Christmas cards? Are you kidding? I don't start on any Christmas before November, and that would still be early for me. Christmas is NOT one of my favorite holidays (hey, ask me about Halloween and Thanksgiving) and I usually don;t really do a lot of creating for that. Well, that's me I guess.

famfa said...

Lovely card.

Serendipity Stamping said...

Beautiful card and I love your spirit or is that spirits, LOL

Hazel said...

This is a gorgeous card, Julia - love the way you used the border stamp - it's got lots of potential, hasn't it? As for the Christmas cards, you know it makes sense to get on with them soon - lol! - you can always join in my challenges for motivation - lol! x

r4i said...

I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts.Any way I will be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.