Monday 22 August 2011

Maybe a cupcake will help?

This beauty donated to me by Jan.  Because she saw it and thought of me.  I'm saying nothing .
I am struggling this morning, with a computer that won't let me do much...it's very scarey and extremely,incredibly frustrating.  Scarey because I'm clearly going to be without it for a handful of days.  Frustrating because I'm clearly going to be without it for a handful of days. And because as respectful as I am of the geek to whom I shall turn for repair, I'm frustrated by him to the point of stamping my feet .  He runs a perfectly good, reliable PC supply and fixing business.  But he has to spend at least 30 minutes gently berating you for daring to buy a product that he doesn't like (a laptop for example - any make.. and he makes a point of gently correcting you EVERY TIME you say it - 'it's a notebook',) and worse,  for actually using it.  If ever a chap unknowingly puts off his customers...argh.  Well, today I have the upper hand.  Because he built and supplied this PC.  So I'm hoping for a quicker exit than usual, and the chance to leave without grinding my teeth.  Mr Dunnit supports me by suggesting that the best thing I can do is to go in there unarmed. He may have a point!
Anyway, I have received gifts and cannot show you the photos just now because uploading them makes the PC crash. But I wanted to acknowledge the unnecessary generosity of Susan and Sarah.  Susan sent me a bookmark from waaay down under, a PiF gift.  I didn't realise she'd take the trouble to make it from scratch so as to add my name to it.  Thanks gal, it's already in use..marking the page in the diary.  So much more successful than that bit of ribbony stuff they bind into the spine....that was unravelled and grim by March!  The second of this weekend's surprise postal receipts were fab holdall type bags from Sarah.  Woven Polypropylene (I know more about this material than you think...another weird fact about me) - when you see the pics, you'll know instantly what it is.  Bright bold colours and so useful Sarah, as you said.  One has already been pressed into service for the drinks and bottles and blah that need to go to Crop every month..perfect.  Thanks to both of you, a slightly more organised woman is leaving the house to face the PC foe today.  I may be some time.

17 comments:

CLaire said...

Good luck with the PC....

Lunch Lady Jan said...

It's the cherry on the top!! Made me hoot when I saw it in the shop and still makes me laugh now. And I can't explain why, it just does, lolol xxxx

mckinkle said...

Well what can I say about your cupcake?!

Sending you special interwebby good vibes from my pc thingey to your specially made one!

Lets hope Mr PC is able to solve the situation promptly mind you, if there is a problem you do realise that of course, it wont be anything to do with his ability!

Keryn x

Di said...

I know why the cherry made Jan laugh - it's the cherry stone spitting contests! Hope your PC man does his bit without you feeling the urge to rip his arms off :)) Di xx

Sarah said...

Unnecessary? Poppycock my dear. I didn't immediately think Woven Polypropylene when I bought them I must say...enjoy the pretty stuffawayability factor and hope the joy of imagery will soon return...

Kath Stewart said...

sounds like a computer nightmare and doesn't this geek know that the customer is always right...hope you get it sorted soon. Love that ever so cute cupcake...hugs kath xxx

Helen said...

Good luck with the PC Man.... don't hit him too hard he may not like it. Love your cupcake, it is very pretty - but you should probably treat yourself to a real one after visiting PC Man, lol.
Best of luck... oh, I said that.

misteejay said...

Hope PC Man holds his tongue and gets things sorted so you don't have to resort to GBH.

I agree with Helen - get yourself a real cupcake...hugs

Toni xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I've known a few of those computer geeks in my life. I've always had my computers (PCs) built by them in the past. One lasted 11 years, so I can't say too much about longevity and no service was necessary. I have to agree that a cup of coffee or tea and a cupcake would go down swell about now. However, I'm sure you are not online, so you have no idea we are all rooting for you and the quick return of your PC.

Angie said...

Good luck with the computer chappie ... I would love to be a fly on the wall during the meeting lol.That cup cake is brilliant ...what a generous friend.

donnalouiserodgers said...

So sorry Mrs D but Mr D has it WronG

Go Armed to the Teeth


especially sharpen the heart extracting spoon (maximum pain slowest death)

step over the dead body

and buy a MAC (probook, iMac, air....)

and realise PCs are just not a Thing to Be Trusted...

if you want sanity and beauty it is the Only Way to Go....

Love LLJ's take on the cupcake, all the eye candy none of the calories...

Dx

Linby said...

oooh I LOVE that cupcake, lucky you to get it.
As for the PC man, sounds like the type that has to have the last word, know one like him too!
Linbyx

Hettie said...

Gotta smile with that cupcake in front of you!! And NO calories!!
Sorry to hear about your computer problems. We have been/are victims of BT and "occasional hiccups" with our internet and not knowing if and when we can use it! Aaaargh!!

Claire said...

I have yet to find a problem that cannot be lessened with a cupcake, hope you get your pc back soon.
C
xx

Neet said...

If I didn't know better I would think you lived in Bury. The PC man down the road from the school I used to teach at is just like your guy. What a crabby man he is.
Not to worry, love the sound of your gifts and the cupcake is marvellous. Fab! It doesn't make you gain weight!

Amber Alvarez said...

What an adorable little cuppy! I hope you win the war ;)

Lynne said...

Fabulous cupcake, looks good enough to eat. Hope the PC man got everything sorted. Have a great weekend. Lynne xx