Sunday 4 October 2009


For once, the shocking lighting has helped my photography because in good light, I can't really get this image to show up at all! It's the fourth of the White Christmas workshop cards...and apart from showing someone how to use the Cuttlebug to emboss, holds no technique at all. You can just about make out little blobs of Smooch inks and some crystal glitter glue. Very fast, very repeatable, but let's face it, not a ground breaking Christmas card design. It will rather inevitably crop up again before Christmas because I've had a few ideas..if I can make 'em into something!

Yesterday was a Crop day here in sunny but mildly autumnal Ludgershall. We (I) chatted a lot, and I've finally put Prom to bed. Aha. Except that I want Miss Dunnit to journal in a couple of spots and I can't see that happening. She looked at the pages this morning and said that she didn't think they 'needed anything else'. Yeah right.

The plastic sleeve looks horrid when photographed, but the ability to slot into the album the last few, rather repetitive but nonetheless precious photos is great..and of course, I might get some first person journalling done by you know who. You never know! I'm in the habit of journalling as a narrator or conversationally, so I think it's time her Prom pictures had a few more of her thoughts with them, there's plenty of evidence of the event through my eyes.

7 comments:

Ann said...

Ahh Prom photos - I remember it well. Scrapping my daughters' Prom nights that is! Never had Proms in my day.
DD1 happily made her own minibook complete with journaling as a keepsake. DD2 wasn't interested in the least in the page or minbook I made of her evening. Chalk and cheese my girls!

Angie said...

That card may be simple but SOOOO effective.
Good luck getting DD to add bits to the albums .... remind her that she might not remember names even in 40 years time and she just might want to be reminded of her youth and happy times.lol

Carmen said...

Very effective card - I think it would also look good all black as well with the windows highlighted to form a snowy night.

Danni said...

Wonderful card!!

Anne said...

MAKE her do it. She will thank you in years to come!

Paige said...

very simple and effective card!!! love it!!! I agree with Carmen try it in black. I like the idea of the photo storage at the back of the prom Lo's great way to keep those extra photos safe.

Paige said...

Also No luck with the ink. I think it's the printer that's being difficult :(