Sunday 15 February 2009

This card's actually for a Workshop at Kraft Crazy next week, one of 4 that are slightly tongue-in -cheek cheeky cards to give to men. But it being mostly green and all, I thought it would do as an entry for Jozza's challenge over at Daring Cardmakers. I used Marvy inkpads and sponges and lots of scrap to make up the background..the stamps are by Inkadinkado and Autumn Leaves. For the workshop, I'm going to suggest that the arrow is stamped sideways or pointing down so it doesn't look like a little nerd's house!
And talking of houses, on this most loving of weekends, the fridge freezer has chosen to go on the fritz. So today, to graphically illustrate the love and dedication that I have for my family, I'll be mopping up the overnight defrosting, cleaning and examining now defrosted food for scarey 'eat by' dates! Trying to eke out the life of this 'fridge until we can decide what sort of model to replace it with is starting to drain my life.
The heart shaped pancakes will have to wait. Just like yesterday's heart shaped cookies; Miss Dunnit's friend turned up just as she was bored enough to consider a bit of baking!

7 comments:

Jay said...

Looking forward to that,a dn other cards. I thought the arrow was a little nerd's house, but very sweet nontheless.
Sorry to here about the freezer, what a pain.

Lythan said...

I think it looks fab as little nerd's house! What a great background too

Caryn said...

That's a sweet wee card Jules and think it looks great with the arrow that way.

The fridge problem sounds like a total mare! Hope you get something sorted soon hun.

Caryn xxx

Ginny said...

how clever!!!

thanks for the comment on my blog...made me laugh..yes I vary the distance to get different effects and no I didnt get dizzy..lol

Anonymous said...

Why is it that things always break on weekends?

Ellen said...

lovely background that must have involved lots of masking

Jozza said...

Fabulous green card. Thanks for playing x